Wednesday, 22 April 2015

Music Monthly

This Music Monthly is a little bit different as it has a bit of a theme. The majority of the songs that I am going to comment on I have found on this brilliant website that I have discovered. It is called Gnoosic and it helps you find out new artists based on the one you love. You just choose three bands or artists that you love and it will give you suggestions. It is a brilliant website and you have to check it out.


Artist One: Wildcat! Wildcat!

Not linked to HSM (sadly), instead they are a really good, quite small band. The band consists of three men: Jesse Taylor, Michael Wilson, and Jesse Carmichae and the genre is American Synthpop - I have no idea what that is but it sounds great so...  I love five songs that I love but I ensure that this number will probably have increased by next week. My favourite ones are:

Artist Two: Glass Animals 

This isn't actually my favourite band; however they do have one song that I have on repeat. It is called 'Hazey' and it is a little different and is one of those songs that you don't really understand what is being said; however it is one that you will probably be caught humming every now and then. I will probably warm to them - it just isn't music that I normally listen to. Both of these bands are relatively new - both being formed in 2012. Glass Animals are an English indie-rock band from Oxford and have released one album. This isn't exactly an undiscovered band with this song having over two million views on YouTube but it definitely deserves all of them. I expect to hear more about/from them son!

Artist Three: Milky Chance

I haven't had much of an opportunity to explore this band but their song Flashed Junk Mind is as brilliant as the name is weird! This is a popular song as well (7 million views) and it is brilliant - just listen to it. Parts of it I have no idea what is going on but then some songs work better that way! It is a song that is perfect for summer and I can imagine listening to it going to the beach or something!

Artist Four: Benjamin Francis Leftwich


I have loved his song 'Pictures' for a while but only recently did I decide to listen to his other songs. His album 'Last Smoke Before the Snowstorm' is a great album but one song that sticks out is 'Box of Stones'. It is such a good song to listen to in the summer - my only issue with them is that they are too short - they're so good but any song under three minutes is just a little too short for me. Ah well, I just put them on repeat! 
My three favourite songs of his are:

No comments:

Post a Comment