Tuesday, 3 February 2015

Music Monthly


Sorry for my recent absence from the blogging world - I have had a lot of work and emotions all getting in my way from sitting down a writing. But here I am tapping away for I am determined to post this blog post today.

I haven't done a monthly music post in a while and it's not because I haven't been listening to much must (I have been) it is just that I always want to give a variety of music as a lot of my choices are very samey. But here it is: the return of Music Monthly.


This is a lovely song; however I completely understand if you do not like his voice - it can begin to grate after a while. Still I think this song is brilliant (despite not really understanding what he is saying) and the music really adds to it and makes the song a lot better and much more enjoyable. I would love to be able to comment on the deep meaning behind this song; however the only thing I could come up with is that it is saying how everything will eventually kill us so we should take risks and enjoy life a lot more. But that's just what I think.


I enjoy the meaning of this song a lot more than this song and that is just because everywhere I go it is playing. I think that if I hand't heard it so much I would listen to it a lot more. Also, the music video should be watched again and again so people understand that this is a reality in 1st World countries like Ireland and this disgusting treatment of gay people isn't restricted to poorer places. When I watched it it stuck with me for day - the brutality of the behavior shocked me - but most of all I was shocked by how realistic it was. 

3. Alt-J

I meant to put Alt-J in this blog post a while ago but those were never published so I don't think I ever really went into how wonderful their most recent album is. It is brilliant. I think that Alt-J is a bit of an acquired taste as their lyrics rarely make sense but they're one of those artists that could just be singing the same word over and over again and it still would be of an award winning standard. I think my favourite song on their new album is 'Intro' or 'The Gospel of John Hurt' but the whole album is great. The only issue I have with Alt-J is that I think it takes a while to get into their songs and to enjoy them thoroughly; however when you do I am certain it will become one of your favourite songs.


This song is great but I do have a bit of a strange relationship with Sia's music as I only like a few of her songs and these are normally the big ones like 'Chandelier' and 'Elastic Heart'. I only began listening to this because I watched the music video and I thoroughly enjoyed it. There are several arguments about the subject and context of the video - many of the arguments I completely understand- however my interpretation of this video is that it shows what mental health can do to a family and how hard it is to help someone with it. I will leave it up to you to decide for yourself.

I am going to start a playlist on YouTube (as I don''t use Spotify) where I will add all my favourite songs at the moment so if you are interested or you just want some new music to listen to I will link it below (when I have made it) 

No comments:

Post a Comment